Saturday, April 2, 2011

How can I lock my bed room door from your exterior?

Qusetions: For thanksgiving my mother is acquiring her aspect of your family members more than which incorporates my five yr outdated cousin who continually goes into my area and takes/breaks my things. my door has no lock and there is no way in hell my mother will allow me set a lock on it in anyway. no, not even all those straightforward $15 latches or what ever. i am leaving at noon that day and none of your grown ups are heading to offer a damn about holding my cousin from problems.
Any difficult strategies to lock my door from your exterior?

Answers:Install a hook and eye way up higher about the door and she will not be in a position to open it. i've them on my display door, basement door and bathroom closet (where medication is kept) to maintain my grandkids secure.

Answers:Go to your hardware keep and acquire a door knob and lock assembly for an EXTERIOR door which has a important lock. You will not must drill any new holes inside door. clear away 4 screws from your outdated door knob assembly and set up the new door knob and lock assembly. Just be certain the door lock will match the thinner door of one's area. typically, interior doorways are thinner than exterior doorways.

They do make locks for persons who journey. They make it possible for you to lock the door from within the area. But leaving the area by way of the window leaves the area unsecured anyway. you need to get in a position to obtain back again to the area to clear away the lock (or anything at all else you employ to safe the door).

Answers:see when you can unscrew the door knob in there need to be an extended square rod just slide that out and exchange the door knob . this usually means the Internal latch is not going to move

Answers:Pile all of your furnishings up in opposition to the door and depart by way of the window.

Answers:Install a lock exterior your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment