Monday, April 4, 2011

I have a very pair of linen curtains that want to get lower off and hemmed, They're plaid print?

Qusetions: so I want to be sure that I do it appropriately. Can everyone give me some tips on who to appropriately lower and hem them using a sewing machine? Do I want to iron a modest edge underneath or fifty percent of it underneath previous to I hem it? everyone who can assist me, I'd seriously enjoy it!

Answers:Yes, iron whatsoever hem you might be heading to carry out previous to you sew it. that may make the sewing aspect significantly simpler. check out how the existing hem is executed and duplicate it on the shorter duration. Curtains generally have a very deep hem, simply because it seems to be superior, is smoother, and since the additional fat from your folded material aids them hang superior.

Answers:You want to pin the hems previous to cutting. as soon as the hems are in which you'd like them (drapes will be the correct length), then you definately want to find out just how much materials they initially had for that hem depth, perhaps 2"?, whatsoever. then you definately would lower the drape using the added hem depth extra in, from behind. Then fold the hem from the back again and also have the pins catch the hem. If all seems to be beneficial, then you definately can sew them on the height essential to maintain the hem. Iron and you might be executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment